Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My Training and Diet

Today I started back at the gym after my planned recovery week that I take every 8 weeks. It gives me the mental and physical break my body needs after 2 months of hard training.

The training program that I am using is Jason Ferruggias' Maximum Mass routine, from his popular Muscle Gaining Secrets e-book. The workouts are simple, no BS exercises focused on compound movements which stimulate the most muscle in the shortest amount of time. Just 3 workouts a week that only take an hour at most. Today was Day 1, and it was great to get back into the gym. To follow along with me you gotta get Jays's program, click here to check it out for yourself.

Also lot of people always ask me what I eat after my morning workout. Well, here it is:

Pre -Workout: 1 bowl of oatmeal with blueberries and 2 scoops of Biotest Surge Recovery Drink

During Workout: I drink half of the recovery drink with breakfast and the other half during my workout

Post-Workout: Another 2 scoops of Biotest Surge Recovery Drink, 1 scoop of Greens Plus, and 5 grams of creatine



45 mins later: 4 egg omelette with onions, bell peppers,tomatoes, deli ham, spinach, and cheese

2 slices of dempsters 100% whole grain toast with natural peanut butter

1 orange

glass of pomegranate juice with 5 grams of creatine

4 fish oil capsules


------

Sean Barker, CPT,CPTN
www.Workouts101.com